Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yester-years Favorite Book

When I was younger, one of my favorite books was Anne of Green Gables. I really enjoyed this series because of the imagination that Anne had and the mischief that she got into with her friends. All of the dreams and adventures that they took part in were magical to me and I wanted to be there with them and share in the fun. They became very real characters and friends to me and I enjoyed learning more about them and sharing in their lives with them as they (and I) grew up. Even though the setting of the book was set int he late 1800s/early 1900s, the characteristics and dreams that Anne had were the same as mine. Essentially, I felt that I could relate to her. Also, one of the main themes of all the books was that of friendship and, as a young adolescent girl, having a best friend was of the utmost importance to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment