Thursday, September 10, 2009

Netflix

My husband and I recently renewed our subscription to Netflix. The allure of receiving little red and white packages of movies in the mail was just too tempting to let it lapse. We don't even have to make a trip to the movie store (in which case, Hollywood Video is only a block east and Blockbuster is just a few blocks south) to rent a movie and then veg on the couch as we watch. It's amazing how convenient they make it...straight to your mailbox or even right on your computer with the instant viewing capabilities. Twenty steps or less and we can have the movie from the mailbox in the player and we can be on the couch. Not only have I realized that this new phenomenon has made movie watching even more lazy (you don't even have to walk the long distance to your car), but the flat rate for two movies at a time has made us lazier in our movie choices. We'll watch anything these days. And, I'm sorry to say, Twilight was somehow added to our que (neither my husband or I can remember adding such a movie), and it came last Friday. We didn't have the good sense to send it right back in its little red envelope, we had to tear open the packaging and watch it. Not the best movie I've ever seen. Before I dig myself into an even bigger hole with the myriad Stephenie Meyer fans, let me just end with the hope that I become more particular with the limited free time I have...maybe I should go for a walk instead--to the movie store.

No comments:

Post a Comment