Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bones

As I sat in the JKB before class on Thursday, I listened to three freshman girls as they gossiped and related the newest drama from Helaman Halls. I felt like I had nothing in common with them and, listening to them banter, I automatically labeled them as "silly freshman girls." It was wrong of me I know, but sometimes those judgements just pop out of nowhere. No later had I done this than I realized they were talking about the Bones season premier which was later Thursday night. I had been waiting all summer long for that show to return! All of a sudden, I felt a kind of kinship with them...we were united through a common interest in some form of media. After I repented for my judging, I reflected on how cool it is that media has the ability to unite people of all kinds. Maybe I'll remember this next time I'm sitting next to a group of freshman girls. P.S. The Bones season premier was amazing!

1 comment: