Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cell Phones

My cell phone can call people and send texts. Not very exciting, but it gets the job done. My husband, however, has a really cool iPhone through work, in which the whole universe is open to him. Because of its capabilities, we have music (iPod), email, internet, and even the scriptures at our fingertips (literally). It's amazing to me that so much media can be contained in such a small device and be so portable. We can even use it to get internet to our computer through internet tethering. One of the downsides, however, is that my husband feels compelled to check it constantly to determine if he has new emails for work, or to look things up online. This has made me realize how dependent we are upon always being connected to the rest of the world. While we have the convenience of connection, I think we should also be willing to take a break and enjoy what's going on around us rather than what's going on online.

No comments:

Post a Comment